24.9°C 03:00 pm

Fines for men who won't leave

Monday, 4th April, 2011

Fines for men who won't leave Fines for men who won't leave

A night out with cost two men hundreds of extra dollars after they copped fines for not leaving licenced premises when directed.

In two separate incidents, a 30-year-old and a 21-year-old were asked to leave an Argent Street hotel, but failed to do so.

The Broken Hill men will now have to pay fines of $550 for failing to leave a licenced premises.

Police said if you are asked or directed to leave a pub or club that the smart thing to do was leave.

At the same venue, at around 1.30am, a 21 year-old woman alleges to have been assaulted by another woman of the same age, police said. Investigations are continuing.

Car damaged

A woman driver was left shaking her head after a bottle of lemonade was thrown at her car while she drove along Oxide Street on Friday night.

Police said at about 11.30, the bottle of drink was thrown by another woman, but when the driver stopped to challenge the thrower she punched and kicked her hatchback car.

Further inquires to be conducted into this matter.

"Hair puller" charged with assault on teen

A man was charged with assault after allegedly pouring a beer over his teenaged girlfriend before pulling her hair in a fight.

Police said at 8pm on Friday, the 20-year-old approached the girl, 18, while she was sitting in a parked car. An argument ensued.

Police said the man allegedly poured a beer over the female, before assaulting her when she stepped out of the vehicle.

The girl got back into the car and attended the Broken Hill Police station.

This matter is under investigation.

"Assault" lands man in court

A Menindee man will appear in court next month after he allegedly assaulted another man.

On Saturday night at 8.30, police were called to a Darling Street residence after a fight was reported.

Police allege a 39-year-old had assaulted a 28-year-old.

The man, 39, will face the Broken Hill Local Court on May 31.

Menindee man charged with grievous bodily harm

A Menindee man was airlifted to Broken Hill after he sustained serious head injuries in a fight.

The RFDS flew the 46-year-old man to the city early on Saturday morning after the fight, in which police allege another man, 41, assaulted him.

Police arrested the 41-year-old and charged him with grievous bodily harm.

His arrest, on Saturday, followed a fight in Pruella Street at about 5am.

The alleged assaulter was given conditional bail yesterday and will reappear in the Broken Hill Local Court at a later date.

© Copyright 2021 Barrier Daily Truth, All Rights Reserved. ABN: 38 684 603 658