24.9°C 03:00 pm

Man-bashing teens arrested

Saturday, 30th January, 2010

Two teenage boys have been arrested and charged with breaking into a man's home in Buck Street last month and bashing him. The victim, a 52-year-old man, suffered a fractured skull in the assault and had to be flown to the Royal Adelaide Hospital for treatment. Yesterday police said they had this week arrested two boys, one 15 years old and the other 17.

They have each been charged with two offences - special aggravated breaking and entering and committing grievous bodily harm, and aggravated breaking and entering and committing actual bodily harm. Bail has been refused and they will face the Children's Court on February 9.

It is alleged the boys went to the man's home in the early hours of Saturday, December 19 and bashed him and another man, 29, who came to his defence and fought them off. A 50-year-old woman who witnesses the attack suffered shock and trauma, police said. The assailants were then seen to flee the scene in a car at high speed.

Police said both of the boys they arrested were locals and that the investigation was continuing.

© Copyright 2020 Barrier Daily Truth, All Rights Reserved. ABN: 38 684 603 658