CBH recruits for new target
Tuesday, 31st March, 2015
By Darrin Manuel
CBH Resources has begun hiring staff for its new Rasp Mine project, which is set to get underway in a matter of months.
The zinc-rich 250,000 tonne deposit is located on the south-west edge of the lease, and its extraction is expected to generate $100 million and up to 25 jobs.
“We’ve got all the approvals we needed in the last week to two weeks, and we’re very excited to start,” said chief operating officer Visko Sulicich.
“The jobs will be everything from underground operators, tradesmen, mill operators - it’s across the whole spectrum.
“That (hiring) process has already started and will continue for the next month or two.”
Mr Sulicich said development on the project would begin immediately, with production expected to commence in June.
However the company will have to work around Environment Protection Authority restrictions, including reduced blasting intensity due to the deposit’s close proximity to the overpass and housing.
Despite the limitation, Mr Sulicich said the project was a great positive for CBH.
“It will mean some additional work, but we believe we can cope with the restrictions that have been placed on us,” he said.
“By accessing that ore, we can move the operation into a positive cash flow, assuming (metal) prices don’t retreat on us.”