Kincumber comes down
Saturday, 15th September, 2018
By Myles Burt
Demolition is underway and the hospital is saying goodbye to the old Kincumber House.
Kincumber House was built in 1889 as part of the original hospital and has been used over the recent decades as a spare Nurses Quarters and most recently as the local Health Services Administration Building.
The demolition is a part of $30 million Broken Hill Health Service Redevelopment by the NSW Government.
Hospital staff made preparations for the demolition at the start of June when they moved all office equipment into the new Community Health Centre in Sulphide Street.
According to Far West Local Health District, Kincumber House had been “heavily compromised” by developments over the years and no longer held any historical significance, nor was there any “reasonable prospect” of returning the building to its former state.